As promised, I made this tutorial on how to make pie out of polymer clay for your AG dolls. Enjoy :)
What you'll need:
- tan, yellow, green, translucent, and white polymer clay
- a pen/paintbrush handle
- a bottle cap
- scrap clay (or a lump of regular clay if you must)
- a stick of brown clay, baked
- exacto knife (kind of optional, but highly recommended)
- soft-bristled paintbrush (this is a must!)
- liquid clay (I use translucent liquid sculpey)
PART I: Mini Pie
This pie is for the miniature AG dolls. It also makes a good necklace charm.
Step 7: Using an exacto knife, make shavings of your baked brown clay.
Step 8: Put the shavings into some translucent liquid sculpey (TLS). You'll want to make a lot of shavings, as I didn't use enough. Spread onto the apples with a SOFT bristled brush. If you don't have one, you can't do a lot of things with clay, so I suggest you get one. If you don't have soft bristles, the clay will just get messed up.
Step 9: Make long strips of the dough (these will be the lattices).
PART II: AG Doll-Sized Pie